I hope you and your families are keeping well.
We have received updated Government and ECB guidance on the use of cricket facilities as the lockdown restrictions are being eased. Currently the advice is that clubs should not reopen their facilities unless they feel that they can do so in a safe manner with protocols in place that enable us to stick to the Government advice. These protocols include:
• A booking system for outdoor space or other means to manage access and demand;
• The capability to advise individuals when booking to check for symptoms of
COVID-19 and in turn to advise individuals when booking that - in line with current Government guidance - if they are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if they are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, they should remain at home and follow Government guidance;
• A sanitation procedure between use/booking; and
• A representative of the club on site during the hours that the outdoor facilities are open for use.
To be clear, the Government and ECB guidance for the resumption of outdoor activities is as follows:
1. You can exercise outdoors on your own, with members of your household or with one other person from outside your household while keeping two metres apart at all times. You must only exercise in groups of no more than two people, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
2. Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
3. If using nets, they should be used on an ‘every other’ basis, leaving one net free between nets.
4. No sharing of equipment/clothing/balls outside of your own household.
5. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of all our members and the local community. Unfortunately, with the guidance currently in place, we do not feel we can safely implement some of these protocols and are therefore not yet in a position to open up the use of the facilities.
We will continue to monitor the situation and the evolving guidance and keep you updated as and when this changes.
(on behalf of the club committee)