First and foremost, I hope all our members, friends and family are keeping well in the current challenging situation.
At this point in the year, we would normally be getting things ready for another exciting season of adults and colts cricket. Unfortunately, we are not at that stage currently.
The club committee is in regular communication. Below is a summary of what we do know:
- The health and welfare of our members is our highest priority
- We are engaging with the ECB and Thames Valley Cricket League, who are keeping us fully informed about potential cricket scenarios.
- There will be no cricket matches or training until at least the end of May. There is an option to extend the season into September.
- The future of our club and its financial stability is not at significant risk at this stage.
- We will continue to monitor this situation closely and keep our members informed.
While the prospect of no cricket for several months is disappointing, it is paramount that we respect the government advice regarding COVID19 lockdown.
Rest assured we will be back up and running (literally!) when we can.
In the meantime, look after yourselves and your families. If anyone has any questions, let me know.